Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Only 70 more days???



Did I write that. Sorry. But it is true and now is the time to start on those projects you said you wanted to do. You remember, "Next year I want to..." Soooooo, why not make a scrapbook gift album. Who doesn't have holiday pictures from this time of year? I have a 12x12 album that I add to every Christmas and we only get it out at Christmas time to reminisce of the Christmases before. It is wonderful to pull out all the funny stories and remember the WoW that mom and dad worked so hard to pull off.

This album was made for a school fundraiser. It was a silent auction item and that was very exciting for me as the artist to have people "bid" on something I made. It is an 8x8 album and its unifying elements are photomats on ever page, and coordinating tag (for journaling) on every two pages. It is full of diecuts and stickers, a few charms and ribbons. The cover was decoupaged to add durability. The album was auctioned without pictures (of course).

You don't have to make a whole album as a gift. A handmade card or ornament is a wonderful gift to receive with personalized photo. A decorated frame. One 12x12 page in a frame. I know a scrapper who makes personalized photo bookmarks and then places them in gift books. I have made containers filled with snacks using scrapbook materials and photos, too.

No comments: