Friday, October 3, 2008

Mismatch and Coordinate





OUR BOY HAS SURGERY
I usually try to do two page layouts and on those layouts I have unifying elements... the same background paper, the same texture paper, the same cardstock. Sometimes, the story I am telling doesn't lend itself well to two pages. Sometimes I have so many great photos that I don't want to limit it to two pages. Sometimes I have one event but several stories.

These pages are a good example of this. This is Gavin's surgery (ears, tonsils, and adenoids) and in this I wanted to use a family of papers. I wanted one page to be just soft aquas (Angel Boy) and on another page I wanted to balance the bright red hospital bracelet on the page. While none of the pages "match" there is still balance and unifying elements (ribbon, cardstock, colors).

No comments: